April 27, 2023 | Altura Blog
Dementia is currently the seventh leading cause of death worldwide, and one of the major causes of disability and dependency among older people (World Health Organization). It is estimated that over two thirds of residents living in care homes have dementia or some level of cognitive impairment.
Altura Learning has recently added three new dementia titles to our course library:
- Explains what dementia is and provides examples of commonly associated behaviours
- Identifies potential causes and triggers of changes in behaviour
- Describes how to respond appropriately to changes in behaviour, and
- How to identify and report changes in behaviour
- Explains how to document changes in behaviour, using the ABC approach
- Describes how to demonstrate best practice when documenting changes in behaviour
- Describe potential causes and triggers of changes in behaviour
- Respond appropriately to agitated behaviour
- Identify when and how to de-escalate the situation when there are safety concerns
These courses are available in a SCORM format and have been developed using eLearning authoring tools that provide greater interactivity and flexibility for learners. The design of the courses maximises active rather than passive learning which enhances the learning process and increases knowledge retention. Also included are additional learning resources, such as a quick reference guide, infographic, and coordinator resources.
If you would like to have these courses added to your library, please contact our Customer Service team.
Please note – The following courses will be retired from 12th May 2023:
BPSD: Responding to Behavioural Symptoms of Dementia
Dementia: Understanding and Responding to BPSD