August 8, 2018 | Altura Blog
Workplace injuries can be devastating; impacting the person, their family and the employing organisation. Musculoskeletal injuries are one of the most common workplace related injuries and can range from short term physical impairment to long term chronic disability.
Our new course WHS (note this is H&S for UK and IE): Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury at Work which is part of the Altura Learning Dynamic Series, explains the musculoskeletal system and how injuries can occur. Most importantly, the course discusses how to prevent musculoskeletal injuries through risk assessment, supporting your body through correct posture and positioning, pre-work stretching and appropriate lifting.
The course is presented by Subject Matter Expert Elissa Coates who is a Physiotherapist and specialises in manual handling and is an essential course for staff who work in the care sector.
Some useful tips:
- Musculoskeletal injuries are one of the most common workplace related injuries. Find out to prevent these injuries in our upcoming course WHS (note this is H&S for UK and IE): Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury at Work.
- The most common location for musculoskeletal injuries in the aged care sector are the back, shoulders and knees. Find out to prevent these injuries in our upcoming course WHS (note this is H&S for UK and IE): Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury at Work.
- Good posture is essential to ensure the least amount of strain is placed on your muscles and ligaments to ensure bones and joints are in the correct alignment. Have you thought about your posture today?
One of the most important ways to maintain your well being is to protect and support your musculoskeletal system. Discover how to minimise day to day risks and look after yourself.
- Explain how the musculoskeletal system works
- Identify the factors that lead to musculoskeletal strain or injury
- Practise good posture and correct manual handling techniques to prevent musculoskeletal injuries
Course name UK/IE: H&S: Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury at Work
Course name AUS/NZ: WHS: Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury at Work
Course Code: R-180808-AU/NZ/UK/IE
Country: All countries
ResHC: Residential care only
Watch the Australian trailer
Watch the UK trailer
Find out More
To find out more about this course please contact Altura Learning for assistance.
Altura Learning Academy provides First Aid + CPR accredited learning for individual learners and organisations.