As part of our Dynamic Series, A Guide to Safe Food Handling, is designed for staff in aged care who prepare or handle resident’s food as part of their role.
Every residential aged care organisation is required to have a food safety plan or management system to minimise the risk of food poisoning as it can be particularly serious or even fatal in the vulnerable aged care population.
In this course, we are taken on a the journey from receiving, storing, cooking and serving food and we look at what is the correct practice vs poor practice to reinforce the learning outcomes. Staff who watch this course will understand what food hazards are and their role and responsibilities in maintaining the safe handling of food.
Some useful tips:
- People who live in residential aged care as classified as vulnerable people as the effects of poisoning can be particularly severe or even fatal.
- Every residential aged care organisation are required to have a food safety plan (AUS and NZ) system.
- Every residential aged care organisation are required to have a food safety management system (UK and IE).
- Food safety hazards are categorized as Biological, Physical, Chemical, Allergens
As a food handler, it is essential that you are aware of the basic principles of safe food handling so that you can ensure that the food you prepare remains safe to eat. Recognise your role and responsibilities in safe food handling.
Target Audience: Cooks, catering assistants, care workers, nurses, managers, volunteers, activities officers.
- Explain why organisations are required to have clear policies and procedures around safe food handling
- Describe food safety hazards
- Understand your roles and responsibilities in regards to safe food handling
Course name: A Guide to Safe Food Handling
Course Code: R-181010-AU/NZ/UK/IE
Country: All countries
Res\HC: Residential care only
Watch the Australian trailer
Watch the UK trailer
Find out More
To find out more about this course please contact Altura Learning for assistance.
Want to see more courses?
Discover our full course library and our award wining LMS!