September 6, 2021 | Altura Blog
With the recent work changes brought on by the COVID pandemic, the need has never been greater to stay in touch with your team. Fortunately Bridge offers a handy way to do this. In 20 minutes, you can prepare and send out a weekly video message to lift morale. The following blog will explain how.
To get started, all you need is:
- A mobile phone
- A file hosting service such as dropbox
- A PC or MAC
- Makeup is optional! 🙂
- Prepare. It’s best to jot down a few notes or think about a topic before hitting the record button. Mention what happened this week and important future events. Try to include something humorous (unless you are not funny).
- Set up your phone on a tripod or flat surface. Make sure you have decent lighting and a suitable background. Minimise interruptions by closing the door and switching on airplane mode. Focus!
- Record your message.
- Review. Remember not to be too picky. We can be our own worst critics. If you are new to this then get a second opinion. Tip: Having an unquenchable thirst for shame will work in your favour.
- Upload your message to the file sharing service. Dropbox has IOS and Android apps to make this easy.
- On your PC or MAC, go to your file sharing service and download the recording to your computer.
- Log onto Bridge. Go to Author—>Courses. Click on +new course. The new course screen will open.
- In the slide area, locate the toolbar. Click on the video widget. Upload the Video from your computer.
- Add any other content such as additional slides.
- Make cosmetic changes. Simple is always best. Don’t waste too much time on the last 10%. Your video isn’t going viral on Rotten Tomatoes. Here’s a great Bridge article explaining how to add content: https://community.bridgeapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044672694-How-do-I-embed-content-in-Bridge-
- When finished. Click on the Publish button on the far right hand corner. Grab some popcorn and click on the preview button.
- Send out the weekly announcement to your Team*
*One caution. Sending out the weekly announcement in Bridge needs to be handled properly to avoid excessive spam to your staff. In order to avoid this pitfall, remove the group from the previous weekly course before sending your next announcement.
Congratulations! You have sent out your first weekly announcement. As you continue sending these out, you will find new and creative ways to engage your team. For example, add a trivia quiz after your video to make things a bit more interactive and fun.
Your 5 minutes of Fame:
Feel free to share your weekly announcement with Altura as well as your creative journey in September & October 2021.
In November we’ll pick a winner and include it in the end of year Blog. We will also send a bottle of Pepperjack Barossa Shiraz!
Participation details are below.
To participate, please send in:
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Description of your Weekly Email
- Comments on your video production and the response from fans & critics alike.