August 20, 2019 | Altura Blog
Each one of us is special in our own way. We have different values, customs and preferences, but the attributes that often make us unique can lead us to feel excluded, stigmatised or the subject of discrimination. Did you know that legislation protects you from discrimination, as it is a basic human right to be treated equally and live without discrimination or fear?
In our new course Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion we discuss the characteristics such as age, race, religion or sexual orientation that are protected against discrimination and how we can celebrate these characteristics.
This course was filmed in a variety of settings and provides staff in both home and residential care with an overview of the principles of promoting an inclusive environment and strategies to challenge discrimination.
As always, this online aged care course is supported with our suite of learning resources to support you to offer blended learning to your staff.
This is a new edition to the library for Australia, Ireland and New Zealand and replaces the UK course Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Can you think of a time that you have felt discriminated against. Why did it occur?
- Promoting an inclusive environment means not just treating each person equally, but celebrating what makes each person unique.
- To live without discrimination or fear is a basic human right.
Living in a diverse society means responding appropriately to those around us. In this course, you will learn strategies to challenge discrimination & promote positive, inclusive environments.
- Understand the meaning and importance of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recognise different forms of discrimination both intentional and unintentional
- Know how to promote a positive and inclusive environment and how to challenge discrimination
Course name: Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Course Code: AOC17029-G-HR-GN
Country: All countries
ResHC: Home Care and Residential only
Target Audience: All Staff
Go to our Digital Course Library to find out more & watch the trailer: