New Aged Care Quality Standards
Altura Learning (formerly ACC) has partnered with the Australian Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission to create this unmissable course on Aged Care Quality Standards in Australia.
Watch the trailer for our Aged Care Standards Course below:
The Single Quality Framework will replace the four current Accreditation schemes in July 2019 for aged care providers. Both residential and home care providers will be expected to meet the requirements of the new Aged Care Quality Standards (ACQS) which is all about improving care standards across the board, with a stronger focus on consumer quality outcomes.
But what do these standards mean for you and your organisation? And how does the assessment process work? Well, this course will help and guide you through the process. It explains what consumers and providers can expect and it describes the role you play in ensuring compliance.
What you will learn from the Aged Care Quality Standards course :
- Understand the framework that supports the Standards
- Identify the eight standards that make up the Standards
- Explain how the service provider’s performance is assessed against the Standards
- Recognise the role of the organisation in meeting the Standards and quality of care
Provide better aged care services with our ACQS Course.
HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE COURSE?
The complete course includes the video, exercises and assessment questions. You can earn up to 8 CPD hours if you complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
- If you are an Altura Learning “Inspire Member”, the full course is already available to your staff via our Learning Management System. Otherwise, it’s available for purchase as an additional course.
- If you are an organisation and would like to offer this course to your staff, please get in touch with us here.
The Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission have grouped standards 1 – 8 to help direct organisations. Here is a brief outlining of what the standards intend to support:
- Consumer dignity & support
- Ongoing assessment & planning with consumers
- Personal care & clinical care
- Services and supports for daily living
- Organisation’s service environment
- Feedback and complaints
- Human resources
- Organisational governance
For each of the care standards there are requirements your organisation must meet to improve and give effective aged care.