Infectious diseases can spread easily in the residential care setting and quickly turn into an outbreak, leading to increased resident hospitalisation and mortality. This course identifies practical strategies to manage an outbreak of an infectious disease, such as COVID-19, influenza or gastroenteritis.
– Course Duration: 1 hour
– CPD: One (1) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hour
– Define what COVID-19 is and how it spreads
– Define what influenza is and how it spreads
– Define what gastroenteritis is and how it spread
– Identify key strategies for managing an outbreak of an infectious disease