All Australians have a right to live free from abuse and neglect. The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) aims to reduce the risk of harm to older Australians living in residential aged care by creating a national framework for incident management and the reporting of serious incidents. This course explores different types of abuse, the responsibilities of service providers and their reporting obligations when serious incidents occur.
– Identify different types of abuse
– Explain what the Serious Incident Response Scheme is
– Discuss the responsibilities of the service provider
– Identify what a reportable incident is
– Discuss the incident management process