Volunteers in residential aged care facilities are essential to reducing senior Australians’ social isolation and loneliness.
A conversation, walk outside or just being present can really make a difference to improving mental health and wellbeing.
Altura Learning, a leading provider of online training in the aged care sector, has developed a robust training program that is available FREE of charge to Volunteers across the Australian Aged Care sector.
This training program is funded by the Australian Government.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE TRAINING?
The training program is accessible through the Altura Learning online store at no cost. Simply click on the link below, and you’ll be taken to the store to complete the FREE transaction.
- Once you have completed the transaction via the above link you will be automatically enrolled. You will receive an email from Altura Learning confirming the transaction.
- Then you will receive an email prompting you to set up login details to access the Training Program via the Learning Management System, Bridge.
- Once you have set up your login details, you can access the Training Program.
- Now you can begin!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
The training package consists of 12 Modules:
- Introduction and Overview of Aged Care
- PPE & Hand Hygiene Essentials
- Abuse, Unexplained Absences & SIRS
- Health & Safety: Risk Management
- Managing Workplace Pressure
- Understanding the Ageing Process
- Dignity & Personalised Care
- Communicating: Supporting Individuals
- An Introduction to Dementia
- Dementia: Understanding Changes in Behaviours
- Falls: Balancing Risk
- Supporting People to Move
A Certificate of Completion:
At the completion of all 12 modules in the Training Program you will be given access to a Certificate of Completion for your records.
Should you require support at anytime you can contact:
The Altura Learning Customer Service Team
(Mom-Fri, 9-5pm EST)
- Phone 02 9450 2992
- Email email@example.com
- Online Enquiry via the Altura Learning Customer Support Hub
(24hrs, 7 days a week)
- Phone 1800 941 035
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org