Training for Aged Care Cooks and Chefs
Older people deserve the very best food…Enticing, delicious meals that uplift and bring joy.
The Maggie Beer Foundation has been running face-to-face training courses for cooks and chefs since its inception in 2014.
“When the learning is taken back into aged care homes, we have seen dramatic changes in the engagement of staff and the wellbeing of the residents. The creation of an online program will enable all chefs and cooks to gain access to the training.” – Maggie Beer
- Creating Tempting Finger Food and Sandwiches
- Cooking Techniques with Impact
- Cook Fresh. Chill. Enhance.
- Feed the Eyes First: Food Presentation
- Keep it Fresh: Kitchen Gardens
- Delivering Higher Protein All Day
- Rethinking Texture Modified Food
- Food Culture of First Australians
- Embracing Food from Diverse Cultures
- Improving the Dining Experience
- Maximising Flavour: Engage the Senses
Each module is accompanied by a comprehensive Information Sheet full of practical hints, key definitions, beautiful recipe cards and an invitation to an online forum where you can learn from others and share your successes.
Complete the form to register your interest and be kept up to date with progress on this project.
LIGHTS. CAMERA. ACTION.
Altura Productions is now filming with Maggie Beer and an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team of subject matter experts to bring the content of these modules to life.