This module introduces mental health, dementia and learning disabilities and how to support people with these conditions.
After viewing this programme participants should be able to:
• 9.1 Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions, dementia or learning disabilities.
• 9.2 Understand the importance of promoting positive health and well-being for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
• 9.3 Understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability.
• 9.4 Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
• 9.5 Understand frameworks and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
• 9.6 Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided.