Motion Graphics Designer
5 yrs + experience
12 month initial fixed term contract
You thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
You have excellent motion design skills and attention to detail.
You enjoy thinking outside the box to achieve the seemingly impossible.
An opportunity exists for a talented and enthusiastic mid-weight Motion Graphics Designer to bring fresh ideas to our production team. You would combine your strong design skills and collaborative approach to bring learning content to life for our audience.
Altura Learning is a Sydney-based production company that produces educational video programs for the social care industry. Working in close collaboration, our team delivers a suite of high quality programs and resources to Altura Learning members, as part of an annual program schedule. The team also produces a range of video content for corporate and commercial clients.
As part of a small in-house team, you will need to be able to handle many projects at once and work across multiple disciplines to deliver programs, ensuring they meet clinical and educational content criteria and our mantra of ‘Engage, Inform, Inspire’.
This is a Full Time position based in our Sydney, Belrose office/studio (NSW Health restrictions apply).
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a creative eye for design, possesses top-notch 2D and 3D motion graphics skills, and who is able to collaborate with other members of the production and post-production team to deliver programs on schedule to a high standard. We work with the Adobe Creative Suite, so it’s important that applicants have solid experience in AfterEffects, Photoshop, Character Animator, Animate, Premiere, Illustrator, and InDesign.
You thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment. You have excellent motion design skills and attention to detail. You enjoy thinking outside the box to achieve the seemingly impossible.
The successful applicant will:
- have a proven track record in motion graphics for video, with a strong portfolio.
- be committed to excellence in educational programming,
- be able to work to strict deadlines,
- want to share your enthusiasm and creativity, and contribute to a collaborative and mutually supportive team environment.
- be willing to take constructive guidance and feedback from key stakeholders. This is a must.
This role will also include creating a range of deliverables for social media and still graphics for distribution as learning resources in our courses.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an Australian Police check. Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Salary package is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
If you have a proven track record of at least 5 years in motion graphics design and would love to work in a small, enthusiastic and creative team, we want to hear from you.
- At least 5 years motion graphics experience with a strong understanding of design principles
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in graphics design
- Creative drawing and character drawing skills
- Character animation experience
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Character Animator, Animate
- Expert graphic design and layout skills, using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Excellent sense of timing and cadence in video motion graphics design
- Team player, able to work collaboratively
- Initiative, able to work independently
- Deadline driven
- TV broadcast design experience
- Design experience for the education sector
- Print design expertise
HOW TO APPLY
Show us what you do. Send your CV, a link to your portfolio and written covering letter addressing the criteria to:
Human Resources, Altura Learning Australia Pty Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 20 September 2020.