Who we are
Altura Learning is a Sydney-based production company that produces online educational video and e-learning programs for the social care industry. Working in close collaboration our team delivers a suite of high-quality programs and resources to Altura Learning members, as part of an annual program schedule. Our enthusiastic team also produces a range of video and e-learning content for corporate and commercial clients.
This is a permanent full-time role located at our studios in Belrose, in the northern beaches of Sydney. We must confess we are enjoying being back working and collaborating together. There is some flexibility in the role, but it is mainly office-based.
About the role
We are looking for an innovative learning designer to help create and transform our learning experiences, which are currently mainly video based. As our lead learning experience design expert, you’ll become a crucial member of the production team, tasked with creating high quality learning experiences and courses across a variety of platforms, delivering our unique content. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders, subject experts and production teams and be involved with all aspects of the learning design, with a particular focus on working directly with the creative team and nurse educators to ensure a consistent and outstanding learner experience across all our delivery platforms.
Central to the role is to ensure that course content, assessments and learning resources align with learning outcomes, competencies, and other learning standards, policies, and copyright requirements.
About the mission.
You’re inspired by our clients, frontline teams who care for our most vulnerable.
About your mojo
- You’re passionate about bringing your creativity to learning experience design
- You’re ruthless with quality control, always keeping the learner centric to your designs
- You’re looking for meaning and challenge with an agile, tight knit team
- You collaborate, seeking out the strengths in others to improve output
- You’re flexible, curious and inquisitive in your approach
- You live and breathe a human-centred design approach
- You relish the opportunity to take video-centred learning experience to new realms
- You can communicate, verbally and have a high degree of written communication skills
- You’re a problem solver
- You have an infinite mindset of what’s possible while your feet are firmly on the ground (most of the time)
About your experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, for example in learning design, education or interactive digital media development
- Five or more years experience in learning design/instructional design
- Demonstrated ability to apply design thinking and learning design methodologies across a variety of learning platforms
- Highly advanced skills in the creation of courses in SCORM format, using Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and team skills
- Highly proficient in word processing
- Strong attention to detail
- An extremely high level of personal organisation, deadline management and time management skills.
- Initiative and technical proficiency with a variety of Learning Management Systems.
- Communication skills and willingness to lean in and learn in brave conversations
- A commitment to excellence in educational programming
- A desire to share your enthusiasm and ideas
- A desire to contribute to a collaborative and mutually supportive team environment
- Experience in the VET or tertiary education sectors
- Experience using Bridge LMS
- Experience incorporating video communication into learning content
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Photoshop and other Creative Suite applications
- Experience in designing learning resources for the health or social care sector
- A variety of platforms and formats, including:
- SCORM (Articulate)
- Bridge LMS
- Video production tools
- and written learning resources.
What we’re seeking.
- Collaboration and communication are key parts of this role, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Creativity and expertise in curriculum design and assessment design, as well as experience with online and blended learning technologies.
- Relevant qualifications in learning/instructional design as well over 5 years experience working in learning design.
- Advanced skills in course creation in SCORM format using Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate are essential.
- A quick learner of new programs, humans and technologies
- Tool agnostic and platform agnostic
Salary package is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
As soon as we can find someone special