Altura Learning, a leading provider of training in the aged and social care sectors across Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom, is expanding it’s reach into the education sector with a focus on vocational education and training. It is expected that this new role, reporting to the CEO, will expand as this arm of the business expands. As it expands it is likely to include work with university partners in Australia and overseas vocational and higher education partners. It will be important for the initial appointee to be experienced in the delivery and assessment of VET, especially aged care qualifications such as the Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care)
This is currently a contract role for 20hrs per week for 26 weeks, however, it is likely the role will become full time.
To develop insights into the learning needs of the health industry and recommend to Altura Learning on current and future opportunities to produce training content, for the Education market in Australia and other markets, based on:
● Building and maintaining strong external and internal relationships especially with health and education and training providers
● Keeping up to date with relevant industry standards, mandatory qualifications and other educational developments in the VET and corporate sectors.
● Provide leadership and expertise in VET to ensure that Altura Learning optimises opportunities to produce education products for the VET sector.
● Build relationships with higher education providers to ensure that Altura Learning optimises opportunities to produce education products for the higher education sector.
Ensure that Altura Learning content is designed to support delivery of VET national qualifications, particularly mandatory qualifications, and mapped to appropriate industry standards by:
• Maintaining deep knowledge of national health and community services Training Packages
• Maintaining current knowledge of relevant Australian VET sector regulatory requirements
• Assisting with development of product for overseas markets where feasible
- Gain market insights by building and maintaining relationships with Altura members, training providers, universities, government departments and agencies, peak bodies, recruiters and subject matter experts.
- Research and recommend appropriate commercially viable products specific to the Education sector
- Ensure Altura Learning’s existing and developing content is mapped to appropriate, accredited vocational education qualifications (including mapping of assessments), across various regional markets. Work closely with the L&D Manager and Nurse Educator.
- Provide Altura Learning with strategic advice on the current and future training needs of the aged services sector including the need for specific training programs and content for VET sector
- Maintain an intimate working knowledge of the content of Altura’s Learning libraries and membership packages
- Comply with WHS policies to ensure the workplace (including off-site locations) is safe, and that other employees and contracts comply with WHS policies.
Experience and Education
- Current or recent qualification to teach in the Australian VET sector e.g., Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education
- 10+ years’ experience in the VET sector including significant teaching and assessment experience.
- Current or recent vocational competency to deliver and assess aged services units in the Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Services) and Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Demonstrated, excellent understanding of the aged care and VET sectors
- Demonstrated ability to network with education providers, subject matter experts and peak bodies to develop the learning insights needed to inform Altura Learning’s content planning.
- Ability to extend aged services approach into developing learning insights for the disability and/or early childhood services sectors in Australia, UK and NZ
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
All resumes and cover letters to be sent to our HR Manager Jo Bohm at firstname.lastname@example.org