OUSTANDING NEW ROLE AWAITS.
Do you want to join a dynamic, progressive organisation who nurtures creativity, encourages personal growth and is the gold standard of online learning?
Renowned for our superior content and first-class learning platform, Altura Learning is reimagining the education space and is now looking for our next superstar to join the team.
We are a leading provider of training in the aged and social care sectors across Australia, New Zealand, and United Kingdom, and looking to expand our reach into the education sector with a focus on vocational education and training.
Based in Belrose on Sydney’s northern beaches, the company is seeking an outstanding, innovative VET educator to join our creative team.
This new role, reporting directly to the CEO, is likely to expand as the education business expands, to include work with Australian universities and overseas vocational and higher education partners. The appointee must have significant successful expertise in the management and delivery of VET learning and assessment. Experience with aged care qualifications such as the Certificate III in individual support (aged care) would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant must be able to contribute their knowledge and experience to the organisation, while working within a team of Altura Learning professionals, already comprising profound mastery in production, learning and development, marketing, project management and operations.
Develop insights into the learning needs of, initially, the Australian aged care sector and advise Altura Learning on current and future opportunities to produce training content for VET providers to meet these needs by:
- Building and maintaining strong external and internal relationships especially with health
and education and training providers
- Keeping up to date with relevant industry standards, mandatory qualifications and other
educational developments in the VET and health sectors.
Ensure that Altura Learning content is designed to support delivery of VET national qualifications,
particularly mandatory qualifications, and mapped to appropriate industry standards by:
- Maintaining deep knowledge of national health and community services Training Packages
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant Australian VET sector regulatory requirements
Provide VET leadership and expertise as a member of the Altura team to ensure that Altura Learning optimises opportunities to produce innovative education products for the VET sector.
Support the expansion of Altura Learning’s education product development business into other health and community services industry sectors, the Australian higher education sector and tertiary education sectors in targeted countries such as the United Kingdom and New Zealand
- Building relationships with higher education providers to ensure that Altura Learning optimises opportunities to produce education products for the higher education sector.
- Working with Altura Learning offshore staff and partners to support the development of products for overseas markets where feasible.
Gain market insights by building and maintaining relationships with Altura members, training providers, universities, government departments and agencies, peak bodies, recruiters, and subject
Research and recommend appropriate commercially viable products specific to the Education sector
Ensure Altura Learning’s existing and developing content is mapped to appropriate, accredited vocational education qualifications (including mapping of assessments), across various regional
markets, working closely with the L&D Manager and Nurse Educator.
Provide Altura Learning with strategic advice on the current and future training needs of the aged services sector including the need for specific training programs and content for VET sector
Maintain an intimate working knowledge of the content of Altura’s Learning libraries and membership packages.
Comply with WHS policies to ensure the workplace (including off-site locations) is safe, and that other employees and contracts comply with WHS policies.
Experience and Education
- Current or recent qualifications to teach in the Australian VET sector e.g., Certificate IV in
Training and Assessment or a diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
- 10+ years’ experience in the VET sector including significant experience in the delivery
and/or coordination of teaching and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the learning needs of the health and community
services sectors and to advise on the development of learning products to meet these
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to design innovative education
- Demonstrated ability to network with education providers, subject matter experts and peak
bodies to develop the learning insights needed to inform Altura Learning’s content planning.
- Capability to support the expansion of Altura Learning’s education product development program into the Australian higher education sector and into vocational and higher education markets internationally
- Experience with teaching and assessing, or managing the delivery of, aged care
Salary package is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an Australian Police check and must be an
Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org